The Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation (CRSF) administers a scholarship program for graduates of Oxford University to study at a Canadian university.
One CRSF scholarship is usually available for graduate study in Canada for two years. The CRSF Scholar for 2012 has been selected.
Please note that there will not be a Scholarship offered for 2013, but that there will be one for 2014, with the application process for that occurring at the end of 2013.
Click here for details of the 2012 CRSF Scholar, and here for details on the 2011 Scholars.
The Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Prestigious scholarship to fund graduate study in Canada.
- Chance to compete for scholarships modeled on Rhodes Scholarships.
- Canada has world class universities with state of art research facilities—previous scholars have studied at McGill, Dalhousie, Toronto, British Columbia and dozens of other universities. Information about graduate studies in Canada can be obtained from the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada here.
- Scholarships are open to all disciplines—there are no restrictions on the university or course of study you can choose—though you must be admitted to your programme.
Canada is a visually stunning and vast landscape, with a young and highly diverse, multi-lingual society which presents a unique perspective on contemporary issues.
As is the case with Rhodes Scholars, the Foundation scholars are selected on criteria of character and extra-curricular interests, as well as academic excellence. The scholarships are tenable at any Canadian University, and aspiring applicants are encouraged to approach the university of their choice before the selection process. All applicants must be permanent residents of the United Kingdom who have graduated from Oxford within 24 months of the application process.
For information: see http://www.crsfoundation.ca
Call in Oxford 01865 270 903. E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Winning the prize
One scholarship willl be offered in 2013 for study commencing in 2014. The Scholarships provide an allowance (in 2012, C$16,000 per year) plus tuition fees and airfare and travel allowances. It will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence and extra curricular activities.
To cover your air travel from the British Isles, the scholarship comes with an allowance of C$1,000.
A further C$1,000 is also provided to cover travel within Canada.
How to apply
There are no standard forms for applications, however written application should cover the topics below. Applications should be sent to: The Warden of Rhodes House, Attention CRSFS, Rhodes House, Oxford, OX1 3RG and should be submitted before the closing date (in October or November 2013) which will be advertised here in 2013.
Applications should be accompanied by:
- A brief curriculum vitae.
- A printed statement covering academic and other interests, desired field of graduate study in Canada, universities being considered, and estimated duration of course proposed, intended career, etc.
- A letter of recommendation from the Head of the applicant’s College, together with two references from tutors or supervisors stating the applicant’s qualifications for advanced work in his or her particular field at a Canadian University.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in Oxford.