Following the sad passing on 28 January 2013 of Professor Hannes Unberath (Germany & Worcester 1997), the Rhodes Trust is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Nils Ole Oermann (Germany & Christ Church 1996) as the National Secretary for Germany. Read More
Since 1903, Rhodes Scholars have been elected from constituencies around the world to come to study in the University of Oxford.
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2006
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2007
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2008
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2009
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2010
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2011
- Rhodes Scholar class of 2012
- Rhodes Scholars-elect class of 2013
- Rhodes Scholars: Complete List, 1903-2012
For information about recent appointments of Rhodes Scholars, click here. For recent books by Rhodes Scholars, click here. For recent deaths of Rhodes Scholars, click here.
Rhodes Scholars are identified by their constituency (e.g., Jamaica, or New Zealand), their Oxford college, and the year for which they were elected. For example, the Rhodes Scholar identifiers for the founding director of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Eric Lander, are 'New York & Wolfson 1978' (for interesting information about Eric, a pioneer of the Human Genome Project who also co-chairs the U.S. President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, click here and here).
From time to time, lists will be added here of Rhodes Scholars who have achieved outstandingly in such categories as:
- Heads of state or national government, and Vice-regal representatives
- Rhodes Scholars currently in elective public office
- Nobel Laureates
- University leaders
- Pulitzer Prize-winners and finalists
- Rhodes Scholars awarded an honorary degree from Oxford